Sunday, 14 March 2010

St Paddy's Day Dash

After a few pretty lax weeks of running... (me due to the car accident and Nadia was in Hawaii) we did the St. Paddy's Day 5km race in Port Moody this morning! We had high hopes of doing much better than our last race but that was not to be! This whole race was done on pavement, our last one was a trail, so that made this much harder. After about 10min of running, I got hit hard with cramps in both the tops of my feet and up my shins. Since I have experienced this before, I knew I could work through it, but I told Nadia to go on ahead of me because I could barely lift my feet to run! Geez... I was so upset, I really wanted to do better. Nadia went across the finish line a few minutes ahead of me but she is not sure of the time and I came across at about 44 minutes. So, 5 min worse than last time... BUT!! Keep in mind I did this with cramps on pavement... OUCH! We have since decided to do more training on the road as the Sun Run is 10km on pavement!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment