Friday, 5 March 2010

Goodbye to my Tiburon...

Well today marked the end of a painful week for me. ICBC was fair in the write off amount but I still would much prefer to have my car. Dad put it best - It was the car I always wanted and I still want it. I never pictured myself loving a 'Samba Red' car so much but from the moment I test drove it with Julie, I had to have it. It was a pretty exciting moment June 21, 2004 when I got to drive this car off the lot. The odometer read 35,222 kms... and I have taken it to almost 170,000. I will miss burning my back on the black leather in the middle of summer and those great seat warmers on cold days. It was always funny watching people struggle to get in and out of the car because it was so low... I had one excessive speeding ticket on the Abby Mission Highway (Mom and Julie will remember that!!), one scuff on the front left bumper from Brian's parking garage when we first met.... which was finally fixed when I got in my little fender bender just over a year ago on Halloween (new paint job on the front bumper!). I remember how shocked Julie was the first time Tag rode as a passenger, but he sure loved going for rides. Its been a great 6.5 years and I can't imagine ever feeling the same way about a car as I did about this one.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment