Thursday, 11 February 2010

The Torch

The girls from the office and I went to see the torch today for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics just before lunch time down the street from work! We did pre plan wearing all our Olympic gear!To my surprise, I actually recognized one of the officer's directing traffic!! It's Bob! (I tried to get a better picture but it was difficult with the rain!)

There were tonnes of kids and people everywhere (there are a few schools in the area), it was quite the turn out! We actually stood in the middle of an intersection on the crosswalk blocking traffic, these kids were across the street on the other crosswalk!

Crowd control... instead of telling people to move back, they just drove through forcing people back revving engines and honking horns (kind of unnecessary I thought)

An hour in the rain for a few seconds of torch time! Anyone know who she is?? Anyhow, it was a cool experience and fun to see a piece of Canadian history!


Go Canada Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment