Friday, 24 August 2012

Kitchen Reno - Before


So when we moved into the Peachland rental... the kitchen... well, you see the picture... it's dated. And why are the knobs in the middle of the cabinets and made of plastic in peach? Ugh... Anyhow, still didn't look bad. It wasn't until the night we moved in that I opened the drawers in cupboards and declared that there was NO WAY I was putting my dishes in this kitchen! Yes yes, I know you all think I am particular and I am not disagreeing with you, however, when it comes to kitchens, I think we all have a certain level of what is 'ok'. The house is as old as I am, so you can imagine the years of kitchen goo that can build up. The sink was leaking and smelled rotten on the underside... I could go on... but, decided that I would ask the landlords if I could renovate the kitchen (at my expense), I couldn't see any other way around this. They said yes thankfully... lucky for them that I am willing to do it, but brave of them to trust a complete stranger with their house! Keep in mind, I have never done a kitchen reno before... I just had ideas and figured it couldn't be that bad to do! Here I am almost 2 months after moving in finally finished my project as of an hour ago! Thought I would share my pictures with you so you can see what all I did... must say, I am pretty proud of myself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment