Saturday, 24 October 2009

Babysitting Aaron!

Today I got to baby sit Aaron! Katie decided to go with Ian to the College football game. Aaron and I dropped them off at the BART and the went shopping at Sun Valley mall! We only bought Aaron a little outfit as I have never taken a baby to the mall alone before and it would be a bit more challenging for me to do a real shop!! After the mall we went for a drive through Martinez. I was hoping to find a park we could get out at, but didn't find anything that great. It really was a beautiful area. Aaron and I went back to the house and played with the laundry and the mail (yes, there was mail delivery here on a Saturday!). Before we knew it, it was time to go get Katie and Ian at 4pm! Aaron did excellent, as did Katie, for their first babysitting adventure!

I decided to go for a walk to check out the local palm trees and Katie decided to join me... 2 hours later and we finally made it back to the house! There was so much to look at and we met a really friendly lady with this huge Oregon Post Cactus in her front yard. Apparently it is 60+ years old and only blooms at night time. She was very excited to talk about it and invited us back later this evening to come see it. I don't know if we are going or not, but it sure is an amazing cactus!

Ian BBQed a great steak dinner for us that was ready when we arrived back which was awesome! Anyhow, it was a fun day... and we are all looking forward to tomorrow's San Francisco adventure!

PS. Mom, that GPS is awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment