I arrived in Concord safe and sound yesterday just after lunch time. It was quite a trip! Everything went smoothy and it was nice to leave the pouring rain in Langley only to arrive in Summer time in California. The view out my plane window was quite amazing as we were flying over the Napa Valley... I have already seen some incredibly large palm trees that I am in love with... I had a homeless man help me buy a train ticket (I actually did need help so I didn't mind tipping the $1). The Oakland transfer point at Bart is a little scary... It made me think of every scary subway scene I have seen in movies over the years!
Little Aaron has been so much fun! He has gotten so much bigger and because I have been here for much longer than usual he has gotten really comfortable with me. After initially giving me a funny scrunched nosed 'who are you?' kinda look... he has been trying to feed me his mum mums and give me his water... we also bounced on my air mattress together and he masicred the bag of a little treat I bought for Cali at the Safeway earlier in the day (sorry Cali!!).
Katie and Ian have a beautiful home... Katie made me 2 awesome meals yesterday and we just spent the day around the house talking which was perfect as I was so tired from such a long trip (got up at 4:30am, left the house at 6am... drive, boarder, drive, plane, bus, train, transfer to another train arriving in Concord about 12:30) Sorry Mom! This trip is much longer and does cost more than going to Victoria!!
Currently its 8am and I have been up for an hour researching all the fun to be had in San Francisco... the rest of the family is still sleeping. Ian has football tickets for this afternoon, so Katie is still deciding whether or not to go. I think she probably will as Aaron was so comfortable with me yesterday! I will post more later! (and post pictures when I arrive back home!)
No comments:
Post a Comment