Sunday, 2 February 2014

Bathroom Reno... a year in the making

So its been about a year in the making, but I am very excited to say that our main bathroom reno is 'almost' complete! When we moved in last February, we had to deal immediately with a broken short toilet. We had to remove part of the counter to put in the new toilet. In October I finally had a chance to paint (after all the wedding craziness). Then, over the past couple weeks, we were finally able to install a new vanity as the other one was so short and there was no storage! Very proud of me and my super handy husband for doing such a great job on our own! The final phase of the reno will be when we replace all the floors in the house, including the bathroom (not for a year or 2!!)

Bathroom before we moved in

Bathroom before we moved in... lots of ugly pieces to remove!!

Broken short toilet... not sure what the previous owners did to break it, but we needed to replace it!

The removal of the old toilet and part of the counter

Brian replacing the toilet

Before the paint job... time to get rid of that awful mustard color!!!

Ah.... so much better!


Brian removing the Vanity! Finally... I have waited so long! I hate how short this counter is as well as the fact there is no drawers for storage.

I got to fill and paint again!


Beautiful... a taller more narrow vanity that allows for so much more space and storage! Brian has since put new light switches and electric outlets in the bathroom and it looks just great!



I am so happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment