Saturday, 25 January 2014

Big Cookies!

I had a bit of time today to work on some birthday cookies for a few upcoming February Birthdays... Julie, Cali and Declan! Probably obvious who is getting what cookie! I decided to make these guys big so they would be easier to decorate... yes, bigger does mean easier although more time consuming. The Lego Character needed to be bigger because of the details...

Here are the finished products... they look small though right? They aren't!

Emmit measures in at 10" tall

Hello Kitty measures in at 8" tall

Here is the original picture of Emmit that I used to design the cookie

And the original of the Hello Kitty

I used the pictures of the characters printed out on paper and then cut out as stencils to use to make the shape on the sugar cookie dough. I was lucky enough to have received a rather large cookie/pancake flipper from Julie for Christmas so moving these big cookies around was reasonably easy.

One cookie per pan!

I used black melting wafers (chocolate) to draw the outline of the hello kitty on the cookie. Not bad for free hand!

For Emmit, I used edible markers to draw out the design because I was using flood icing to fill in areas without using a border.

Here is Emmit partially filled, I have to do it color by color

All done!! I used the black melting wafers to fill in a few of the final details
Anyhow, I am super excited they turned out so well... they just have to dry over night and then I will pack them away in the freezer until I can give them to the kids (& Julie) for their birthdays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment