Saturday, 15 February 2014
A Personal Fitness Journey for me...
Last Thanksgiving when Doug and Lorissa were out for a visit... there was a conversation at the table about loosing weight. I don't remember exactly what was said, but something about it struck a chord with me. I had already been feeling badly about myself that weekend. Even though it had been an exciting year, it was a really hard year in so many ways. I had wanted to be in better shape for the wedding but I had so much to deal with, it was the last thing I could concentrate on, so I didn't. I didn't even step on a scale cause I didn't want to know. The morning after Doug and Lorissa went home, I stepped on the scale and was shocked at what I saw.... I have never in my life been so heavy. That was October 15. Today, Feb 15th, 4 months later... I am happy to say I have lost over 26 lbs. I joined weight watchers and started working out at home. I kept this all very quiet and only told a few people around Christmas what I was doing. I had to laugh because I was getting so many nice compliments from people about my clothes and hair... but no one really realized it was because I was getting in better shape. Today I think the difference is a bit more noticeable as I am quickly running out of my clothing.. everything is too big instead of me buldging out of everything. I am fitting back into all my old clothes that I haven't worn since Brian and I first got together 6-7 years ago. Its kind of crazy. I still have over 30 lbs to go to meet my goal so I want to ramp up my workouts. Brian has agreed to let me set up a mini gym area in the garage so I got a gym floor mat for skipping and working out on (so I am not killing myself on concrete) a kettlebell and an exercise mat. I already have the Bosu ball, medicine ball and various free weights. I am really excited to be getting back in to weight training again, it really was a passion of mine for many years long ago and to this day, I still love it, I was just lacking the motivation. Wish me luck, I am hoping to hit my goal weight by the end of summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment