Thursday, 3 October 2013

The Curse of the Okanagan Fruit


Who doesn't love Okanagan fruit? We all do... its amazing! I have only recently learned since living here that if you aren't just passing through town and grabbing some fruit on your way, its a lot of work!!  When we first bought our house I wanted to get more fruit trees for the back yard after realizing we had an apple tree. Now... no way! That one apple tree produces so much fruit I don't know what to do with it all! And our super nice and very generous neighbors have given us more fruit than I would ever know what to do with (as some you know since I have filled your freezers with it too!) We have received....

  • Apricots
  • Logan Berries
  • Grapes a few times
  • Italian plums several times
  • Zucinni
  • Peaches a few times
  • Walnuts (grossest thing ever to harvest... ugh worms)

I think I am going to have to learn how to can... I don't see any way around it! I made jam for the first time out of the last batch of fruit we received.... peach (shown above) and grape jelly... then of course I saved it to give away to the family! I feel like such a country kitchen homemaker...

No comments:

Post a Comment