We have finally made our move to the new house! But not just the new house, our own house! Unfortunately I have no pictures of the actual move as its the first time we have moved where we did it on our own. Yes, couches, beds, everything you can imagine that is heavy, I helped Brian take it down a flight of stairs at the rental house and into the moving truck... and then we unloaded it too. It is a week later now and I am still sore! We were very fortunate to have the help of Andy Bet and Barbra on day 2... they met me at the rental house and we put in a good 4 hours of cleaning and packing the remaining stuff which ended up taking 3 vehicle loads so we had to call in Uncle Donald with the Tahoe! We then caravanned back to the new house and unloaded and had cabbage rolls for lunch that Andy Bet so thoughtfully brought along. What a weekend!
 |
| Picture of the laundry room paint job in progress.... I needed to get this painted before the new washer and dryer arrived. Unfortunately, the ones that came with the house were gone when we took possession so it was a necessary purchase. |
 |
| Ahhh.... can I say that I am in love with my new appliances? They were not as necessary as the washer and dryer as the old ones were still in place, but, I guess I don't need to explain... you all know how I am! Anyhow, once you try a convection oven, you will never go back! Wow! |
 |
| Ok, I lied! I have one picture from moving day... classic McDonald's for breakfast with any event in life... haha, it is always the thing to do! |
 |
| Toilet shopping... 4 stores later, we finally picked out 2 that we are happy with, American Standard Dual Flush (we have to pay for water here so it made sense to go dual flush to save water). Did I forget to mention when we moved into the house the main bathroom toilet was broken and the ensuite toilet (which we already knew was cracked) was leaking in a not good way. Ugh.... |
We love our new house... so many projects on the go and projects for the future. I will post more pictures soon as there are going to be alot of changes!!
No comments:
Post a Comment