Monday, 7 April 2014

Fruit Trees are Sprayed and Budding!

Yesterday I got to work spraying the trees with the Lime Sulphur & Dormant Oil. Wow what a stinky mix but it needed to be done before any 'green' came out. I did all 5 fruit trees. Today, the buds are really changing, actually every day things are happening on these trees... its pretty cool!

Apricot Tree Buds

Peach Tree Buds

My Plum tree has shoots coming out all over the place so even though I was worried about it due to the lack of roots it came with, its seems very happy!

Nectarine Tree Buds (some are showing bits of pink blooms)

Kona's apple tree of course is coming along nicely as it did last year too

Our trees on the side of the yard are happy, bees are buzzing all around

The dangers of gardening in the Okanagan... insects are huge out here! I found a cricket when I was filling holes Kona dug in the yard with pieces of sod I removed from the fruit tree area... what an ugly little monster!

Yuck... he wouldn't flip over... playing dead I guess. I only caught him so I could send pictures to Katie's kids in California who are on the hunt for bugs daily!

Brian all bundled up and set up in front of his BBQ... we sure love BBQ here!

No comments:

Post a Comment