Brain and Tag showed up at the finish line to surprise Nadia and I today at our race! Its always great to have Brian there and super cool that Tag can come along now too in Brian's new truck! Special thanks to Brian for taking our pictures... I really wanted to photoshop my belly in the above picture, but... its just a progress marker! Look for that belly to be gone by the end of the year, I want to be fit!!! :)
So this was the first race Nadia and I have experienced where we were faced with mud and puddles in which there was no way of going around them except to go through it! The puddles were so deep in some cases that they came up half way up my shin (lucky I was wearing capris). I also had my first injury on the trail... a broken tree branch stabbed me in the leg when I wasn't paying attention due to the mud puddles. It didn't hurt until I defrosted my body from the cold later.
You can actually see how muddy and big the puddles were just at the finish line here.




Great to see the photos...I'll bet it was a real surprise to have Tag show up with Brian!
ReplyDelete