Sunday, 23 March 2014

Fruit Trees are planted!

Ready for the worlds most boring photos? Haha... I planted our fruit trees today! I got 4 varieties... Wescot Apricot (I am sure my family is not surprised I got that) Glohaven Peach, Shiro Plum and Red Gold Nectarine. We decided to make getting the fruit trees in a priority this year over other things because they will take more time to grow and produce fruit. We will see what happens this year, but I am crossing my fingers for next summer! We already know we have a winner with the MacIntosh Tree in the yard! I am going to get that pruned any day now and make sure I thin out the tree to get bigger apples... so many things to learn! All I know for sure as that these apples we just so good and everyone I gave them to raved about them!
The Okanagan is very sensitive to proper care of fruit trees as its such a major industry out here... so I bought the spray and a sprayer bottle (super neat) and am ready to go... just have to read the instructions!!

Me with the Peach Tree

Wescot Apricot Tree

Glohaven Peach Tree

Shiro Plum Tree

Red Gold Nectarine Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment